This page serves to explain how we handle data and information collected whilst visiting our website:
Information collected from online forms or email:
When you send us personally identifying information via our online forms or email, we use the information you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, information you submit may be viewed by various people within Eiger. Once received, the information to your email is protected in accordance with law (e.g. the Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act).
When you visit our website to read or download information, we automatically collect and store the following non-identifying information:
- The IP address from which you access our web site. An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser, such as Internet Explorer or Chrome, and operating system, such as Windows or OSX, used to access our site.
- The date and time our site is accessed, for the purpose of traffic and statistical monitoring.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our web site by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- This information does not identify you personally. We maintain the above information in system logs. We use this information to make our site more useful to visitors by learning the number of visitors to our site, the number of pages served, and the level of demand for specific pages. We do not track or record information about identifiable individuals and their visits.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our server system employs software programs and hardware devices to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.